14 Sept 2012

My new Love: Vitamix


A few weeks ago I finally bought myself a Vitamix and I have to say it is the best big purchase I have ever made! Every morning we make smoothies and sometimes we make a few each day, my kids have even started drinking green smoothies with things like Kale, Spinach, Avo and other veg in them. 

The first smoothie I made was Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie, as it was the main reason I wanted a Vitamix in the first place, but we are always coming up with new ones based on what we have on hand. My partner is incredible at making up smoothie recipes but never remembers exactly what he put in them so I can't really share those recipes with you but I wanted to share this one I made the other day and it is incredible!

This is a rough guide and makes enough for two servings (or 4 small ones in my house).

1 1/2 - 2 cups coconut water
1 large banana or 2 small
1 avocado
1 handful fresh strawberries

Just add and blend. That simple. 

This recipe is so creamy and delicious, and although its not really a vegetable smoothie, it's a great one for the kids as a sub for store bought juice. 

I definitely recommend giving the GGS a try if you have a decent blender, it is so good for you and taste's great. 

There is also this post on Wellness Warrior that shows the basics for making the perfect green smoothie which I definitely recommend you check out, AND, if you have an iPhone there is a great app called Green Smoothies by Raw Family which has recipes, not only for smoothies, and a tab listing ingredients and their nutritional value.

Happy blending :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I have a Vita Prep 3, what model do you have?

    I had mine as a Xmas present nearly 2 years ago, it's honestly the best present I've ever had!

    I love making smoothies, soups, chia milks and puddings with the blender.
    If there was a fire in my home the vita prep would be the first thing I'd grab! lol

    The great thing about it is that you can literally blend anything it's that powerful, making being raw just that little bit easier!

    Best wishes,

    Danny

    www.holisticgreenbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've nver heard of the Vita Prep...Perhaps it is one specifically for business'?

      I have the household Vitamix, Total Nutrition Centre. I agree in it being the best thing ever, it certainly makes life easier, and our household has become even more healthy which is always a bonus.

      Delete

ShareThis