4 Sept 2012

Daily Routine

Today I read The Green Product Junkie's daily routine (which I loved by the way) and realized its been a while since I did one, so naturally I was excited to share this as my products change all the time when I come across new ones.

First thing in the morning before eating or drinking I oil pull, with either coconut oil or sesame oil, for 20 minutes. Once I've eaten I brush my teeth with activated charcoal powder and I finish by rubbing my gums with a little coconut oil then wait at least 30 minutes before eating.

I usually just splash my face with warm water in the morning, no cleanser, and spray with a little toner, Pukka Herbs Rosewater Toner is my absolute favorite but I also like to use Acure Organics  Rose + Red Tea Toner sometimes. As far as moisturizing goes I tend to just use coconut oil but some days when my skin needs something lighter I use  Sukin Organics Facial Moisturiser

I'm not a big user of sunscreen (bad I know) but I apply Kora Organics Tinted Day Care Cream which doubles as spf and a beautiful light base that makes my skin glow. Generally I don't wear makeup everyday because I like to go natural but on days when I feel like prettying myself up a bit I wear rms beauty lip2cheek in Muse on my eyes because I like the natural-but-better look it gives, followed by rms beauty Living Luminizer applied to my cheekbones, brow bone, and cupids bow. I use Couleur Caramel Mascara for Long Lashes in Brown daily because it's amazing what a bit of mascara can do for you and this one is perfect.

 I have so many different lip balms and glosses that I switch between but lately I have been reaching for Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom or rms beauty Lip Shine in Bloom. When I just want some moisture without the color I go for Suvana Beauty Paw Paw & Honey Organic Lip Balm

On the odd occasion when I do need to be a bit more fancy, I use rms beauty "un"-cover up in 11 as a foundation because it conceals imperfections as well as making a great base and I add a bit of eyeliner and blush. I like the Couleur Caramel and Honeybee Gardens eyeliners, and for blush's I turn to Vapour Organic Beauty or rms beauty.

I almost always go for nudes, baby pinks and peaches.

After experimenting with powders for a while I have moved away from them and prefer to use cream based products because I prefer the glowing, dewy look.

At night I'm currently switching between Sukin Cream Cleanser and Acure Organics Gel Facial Cleanser, depending on the day, and if I need a little more oomph I remove makeup with coconut oil. 
After cleansing I spray toner all over my body, I just love the fresh feeling, then rub a few drops of Trilogy Rosehip Oil into my face, neck, and chest while its still moist as this helps it spread and follow with either coconut oil or Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream which  again, depends on the day and how my skin is. I moisturise my body with coconut oil or one of the Acure Organics Body Lotions, I love them all.

Other things I do which I believe help with my 'beauty' routine are using Australian Bush Flower Essences 'Womens Essence', meditating or chanting as I go to sleep and daily walks. I tend to be easily irritated so doing these peace-inducing, relaxing things helps my skin from flaring up out of stress.



6 comments:

  1. I love reading posts like this! I'm hoping to do one soon once I get my natural beauty routine in tact. I'm still experimenting and trying to find what I do and don't like. Great post!

    www.truebeautybynature.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading these posts too, I always end up finding another product that I love :)

      Delete
  2. Oh! I should've asked this in my last comment but I've been wanting to start brushing with activated charcoal. What brand of powder do you use? And have you seen any whitening effects? Also is it true that you have to make sure you don't get any on your gums?

    www.truebeautybynature.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use one by a brand called Thompsons, I can't tell you 100% what the source of the charcoal is because it doesn't say on the bottle which I'm not too happy about but it is all I could buy at the time. I just empty one capsule into a little container and dip my wet tooth brush into it. I've read that this charcoal, made from coconut husk's is a great option. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041ESF94/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=herbkati-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0041ESF94

      I've not heard anything about keeping it off your gums...something i'll have to look into, I do get some on my gums and it hasn't caused any issues but it does leave them looking dark for a few minutes. i can't honestly see how it would cause harm though. As far as whitening, i've read many things about the whitening effects of brushing with charcoal but I am a coffee addict and I think it is counterproductive so I can't honestly say. When I stop with the coffee i'll do a before and after.

      Delete
  3. Hey there!

    Just followed you on your blog! I love it, I must say!

    Anyway, I love RMS beauty uncoverup but I find it too greasy. Whats Vapour foundation like? I'm currently using Omorovicza's BB Cream but I think it's best if you change your products and makeup on like a regular basis.

    Love Danny x

    www.holisticgreenbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      The Vapour foundation is amazing! rms has always been a staple for me, but I know its a hit and miss with a lot of people and it's temperamental to your skin at the time also.

      Delete

ShareThis