27 Nov 2012

Ilia Beauty Mascara



 In my latest mini haul from I Am Natural Store, I picked up one of  Ilia Beauty's new Mascara's in Nightfall. This mascara is said to be a "Natural mascara that will lengthen, thicken, and condition lashes" and it surely does lengthen and condition. I'm not sold on the thicken part, which as you can see by the photos below they don't appear to be thicker, just more defined, I can live with that though, I have never owned a natural mascara that has the ability to separate and lengthen my lashes like this one does, and I love it. If I want to go for the really dramatic, thick lashes, I just apply a little of my Larenim Mineralash mascara in Jet Black to the roots to make them appear fuller and more...fluffy?

When Sasha first spoke of the mascara wand on her facebook page, I pictured all those colorful ads selling drugstore brand mascaras with "new and improved wands to give you the most gorgeous lashes ever", but this wand, my friends, truly is genius! It is such a tight squeeze in the neck of the bottle that it scrapes of all excess so you have just the perfect amount of mascara to not leave your lashes all clumpy and smudgy, and the brush itself isn't fibrous, catching heaps of product, it seems to be plastic with little bristles that really get in between your lashes, separating and lengthening, to make them look amazing.


The actual mascara seems to take a little longer than normal to dry, but not much, and stay's put all day. When it comes to washing it off, it actually comes off very easily with just cleanser and a muslin cloth, without leaving those patches of smudged black around my eyes and on my cheeks. The best part is the conditioning effect, my lashes stay looking hydrated and soft all day, not an ounce of dry flakiness to be seen. Love it! 

Ilia Beauty mascara come in four colors: Nightfall - rich black, Asphalt Jungle - bold charcoal grey, Macao - subtle copper, and Shadow Of A Doubt - ash brown. I will definitely be purchasing the last as an everyday mascara. 

{without}

{with}

Water (aqua), Octyldodecyl Behenyl Citrate Crosspolymer Brassica Campestris, Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) wax*, Hydrogenated Glyceryl Abietate, Crondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Aloe (Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Triisostearyl Citrate, Stearic Acid, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines. *Certified Organic Ingredients. Ingrédients Certifiés Biologiques.

7 comments:

  1. It looks great, but your lashes already looked beautiful without mascara. Did you curl them? If yes, which curler did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blessed with nice eyelashes thank fully so I don't curl them. They are so long and slightly curled already that curling them ends up looking funny :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You should. I can't wait to buy the Shadow of a Doubt colour.

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I am an Aesthetician and am allergic to parabens, sulfates and Thimerosol so It is hard to find good mascara!! Will so try....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, this mascara and those from Couleur Caramel are the only natural ones that I have really liked, and that haven't irritated my eyes.

      Delete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh. Your lashes are AMAZING. I love them. Forget the mascara, although I am buying it based on your review. Gorgeous lashes, wow!

    Katie
    Green Product Junkie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis